Saturday, April 16, 2016

Memorable Melodies: Killer Instinct from Killer Instinct


Song: Killer Instinct
Game: Killer Instinct (Xbox One and PC)
Composer: Mick Gordon

The reboot of Killer Instinct launched on PC a few weeks ago, so my brother started to play it. I've had it on the Xbox One for a few years now, but haven't really had anyone to play with. For some reason everyone is down to play it now, so I've been playing it quite a bit. I've always liked this version of the game, but I've especially been digging the music.

Fighting games are intense, especially Killer Instinct. The combo system is very simple, so even beginners can do cool looking combos. You can mash like crazy and something moderately cool will come out. The hits look and feel very hard, which goes along with the music. The songs are intense and really get the adrenaline pumping. 

The main theme of the game is my absolute favorite though. It's arguably a little too intense, but I like it nonetheless. It even plays in the menus, so you get to hear it a lot. Each time you move in a menu it plays a note of the song, which is super cool. More games should have musical menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment