Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Memorable Melodies: Battle! Champion from Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal


Song: Battle! Champion 
(In reality I have no idea, because there is no official OST for this game. It's just the music that plays when you battle Lance and Red.)
Games: Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Composer: Junichi Masuda

I used to be way into Pokemon music. The original battle theme will forever be in the dark reaches of my mind ready to strike out at any moment. I would assume that it's the same for anyone who played Pokemon as a kid. I've been looking for Pokemon songs to put up as Memorable Melodies, but haven't been able to find anything I really like. The issue is that the music from the original Gameboy is kind of hard to listen to. It's a bunch of very harsh tones that aren't super pleasing to the ear. Just give the video above a listen as an example. 

The new issue is that I think all the music in the newer Pokemon games runs together. If you asked me to hum a track from Pokemon X and Y I wouldn't be able to do it.

That brings us here today. I still think that the music that plays during the champion fight in the second generation Pokemon games is amazing. While the above track doesn't hit as hard as it used to it was remixed for the second generation remakes on the DS. It sounds nicer to the ear, but doesn't get me as pumped up.


During the champion fights you're supposed to be amped up. You're at the end of the road and it's time to prove that you're the best Pokemon trainer around. In this specific case you need to take on Lance and his super tough dragon type Pokemon. It's a tough fight, but it's a lot of fun. 

As a hot bonus I'll leave you with the dope remix of this song that I listen to all the time. It's ridiculous. You're welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment