Monday, August 3, 2015

Game Time With Manny: Status Update

Hello everyone who consumes any kind of media I put on the Internet,

It's been five or six months since I posted a general update, so I feel like that time is upon me again. I let you guys know that I'm tweeting much more often, I continue to stream on Twitch, I upload videos to YouTube, have a Google+ page, and record podcasts. I've been trying my best to update everything as much as possible, but as always some things fall to the wayside. This isn't intentional, but I only have so much free time to dedicate to all this stuff.

Yes, I stream Inazuma Eleven every Wednesday, and I stream Thursday Throwback every Thursday. These are two things you can count on every week (With very few exceptions). You can also count on me posting a new edition of Game Time to the blog every month. Yes, sometimes it's a few days after the month is over, but I do get it done. For instance, I haven't posted anything for July yet, because it will be going up in an hour or so. It's almost done I just have one final game section I'm working on. So these things you can always count on me having up.

As for everything else I'm all over the place and I apologize. I started off the podcast train pretty strong, but fell off hard. I then tried to get back on the train, and only did two episodes before falling off again. When recording episodes 6 and 7 of the podcast I had every intention of making a new podcast every two weeks. That's realistically not going to happen, especially if I want them to be an in depth discussion. So in order to make them less sporadic I've decided to give myself a schedule of one podcast a month. This gives me time to actually record something, and give you a reasonable time frame to expect it in. So you can expect a new podcast before August is over.

Then there's Party Game Sundays. There was a time when we would actually play a party game every Sunday. That time has passed. We still do play games on Sundays, but they tend to be good local multiplayer games now. I have a ton of games to write about that we've played I just haven't gotten around to it. This coming Sunday I will be putting up the first one. So since we stopped playing party games I wondered if I should even keep doing the feature. I have decided to keep it along with the name, but won't promise something every Sunday. It will definitely be happening a few times a month though.

The main thing I regret is not typing enough on the blog. This all started as a gaming blog and then I branched out. Posting on here only once a month is too infrequent. So along with Party Game Sundays making a semi-regular return I was thinking of doing a weekly feature about game music I am fond of. I still need to think of a good name, but it would be generally easy for me to write up a bunch of short things about music and have them auto post once a week.

As for YouTube I am of the same mindset I was before. I like uncut video. That's why I post all of the Twitch archives on my channel. Within the past few weeks I came up with a new series called Scrubbin' it Up, in which I play various fighting games online. Right now there is only one episode up and it's me playing Godzilla on the PS4. I was planning on doing some with the Street Fighter V beta, but that plan was ruined. So yes, I am still going to update the series, but it will be starting next week (or soon after) and then going every other week.

So let's review what's going on with bullet points.


  • Inazuma Eleven Streams every Wednesday
  • Thursday Throwback stream every Thursday
  • Podcast once a month
  • New edition of Game Time on the blog every month
  • Party Game Sundays on the blog every other week
  • A new musical related blog feature every week (Starting soon)
  • Scrubbin' it Up an online fighting game video series on YouTube every other week
I like doing all of this stuff, but over the past year I've found that free time is at a premium and I can't do everything I want to. So thank you to everyone who reads the blog, watches my videos, and listens to the podcast. I appreciate each and every one of you. 


1 comment: